Saturday, February 28, 2009

There were never such devoted sisters.......

Who can name the movie my title came from??
A few weeks ago, my sister Shelley and her husband Rand came down to visit. We used to visit each other frequently when all our kids were little, but it has been a while since they have been down for just a visit. Now that we are both empty nesters, it was kind of different, but still we had lots of fun and I have decided we need to do this more often. Friday night they came to a ballgame with with us and helped us cheer for the Pirates. Then we came home and made quesadillas and stayed up too late. Saturday we decided to go to the big city for Valentines Day and go out to dinner. We went in early enough that Shell and I could do a little shopping, which was fun. I discovered that she is much worse than I am when it comes to making a decision........"should I buy this one or that one???" (and then she would usually not buy either one) We had fun though, and both managed to make a few purchases while our husbands waited somewhat patiently. We took them to The District, which was a lot of fun with all the white twinkly lights and the horse drawn carriage.
While we didn't actually ride in the horse drawn carriage, we did pose by it. But here's the dumb thing, we took pictures of them with their camera, and they took pictures of us with our camera, but at no time did we take pictures of them with our camera. So not too many pictures to document our fun time.

The one picture we have with all of us in it was in front of the restaurant we ate at, which was very good.

There was a live band there that we listened to for awhile before we left. You will have to take my word for it that the Webbs had a great time, since I don't have any pictures to prove it.
Sunday after church we had a movie and treats marathon, since they had not seen two of our favorite movies, Sarendipity and Transformers. Although Shell can't actually say that she saw Transformers, since she was snoring quite loudly throughout most of it! They had to leave Monday morning, but we sure enjoyed having them and hope they'll come again soon!
P.S. The movie is one of our favorites, White Christmas.

5 comments:

cassidy said...

That sounds like a lot of fun, even if you don't have tons of pictures to prove it. The District sounds really cute and fun, too bad I never got to see it. My sissies and I should do something like this sometime.

Lexi said...

what a fun weekend with your sister. it sounds like you had fun. i agree with cass although she lives in hawaii and holli in georgia. we may have to wait awhile.

linds said...

ya, it does sound like a fun weekend...my mom said it was very relaxing. that sounds nice.

Christina Overton said...

How fun! I had no idea that there was a place in Las Vegas with horse drawn carriages!

hillari said...

I did always love going up to SLC and visiting my aunt Shelley and fam. That's cool that you guys are still trying to keep up that tradition. Sounds like a fun weekend!