Sunday, February 8, 2009

Weekend Get-A-Way

Back in January we went on little weekend retreat to my friend's cabin in the snow country and I never had time to do a post about it, so I am back tracking a little to show you a couple of pictures we took while there. We were supposed to meet my parents and siblings there for our annual dinner together, and when my good friend heard we were headed that direction she offered to let us stay in her cabin. It is really a nice little place, and we ended up having a great time just reading by the fire and staying up late watching movies. The next morning we threw some feed out for the wild turkeys and they came and gave us quite a show. The dinner didn't really happen because everyone was afraid it was going to snow (it didn't) and didn't dare come.
Okay, it actually did snow for about two seconds while we took this picture, then the sky cleared, the sun came out, and it never snowed again. But it was COLD!

We spent the day there visiting some old familiar places. This is Jeff in front of the new bell tower at the college.

And this is me in front of our old digs "Eloise Apartments." This was the very first place we lived in after we got married. I can't believe the building is still there!

It was disappointing that we didn't get to see everyone and have dinner, but we had a great time anyway. We did get to meet Rod and Kim and have a nice dinner with them, so all was not lost. It turned out to be a nice little get-a-way!

6 comments:

holli jo said...

Looks like you guys had fun. I want to get away for a weekend!

hillari said...

Me too! That does look really. Good thing for good friends who let you use their things, huh?

hillari said...

oops, I didn't finish saying that it looked really fun!

Christina Overton said...

Looks like fun! I think I need to acquire a friend with a cabin...

Lexi said...

i cant believe dad is wearing long pants... he never does. looks fun. too bad everyone was scared of the snow. at least rod and kim came though!

cassidy said...

That does look like a fun weekend. The cabin sounds nice and it's fun that you guys can always go visit your first apartment!