Friday, July 18, 2008

San Deigo Trip

We are home from our trip to San Diego, and I feel like I have been gone forever! In reality it has been almost three weeks since I left for Phoenix, which is kind of a long time. We are so glad we were able to go help Hill and Keith and kids, and when we left there for our little trip to San Diego, it was a nice break. We got to do lots of fun things. We stayed in a really nice condo in downtown, right across from Petco Park. Unfortunately, the Padres didn't have a home game while we were there. Jeff was bummed. We saw lots of beautiful sunsets on the beach, went to Sea World, Old Town, went on a Harbor Cruise, or part of one. The ship had engine trouble about half-way through, so we only got half of that. (we did get a refund though). We went to the Midway Aircraft Carrier Museum, which Jeff loved. I enjoyed it okay too, but we were there for three hours!!!

We even rented a surrey at the boardwalk and pedaled around the island for some exercise. It was pretty fun even though it didn't go fast enough for us.

One of the best days was when we went to the San Diego Temple and did a session there. It is the most beautiful Temple of all, in my opinion. It was perfect.

Jeff got this great shot of the famous Shamu at Sea World.
We had lunch on the deck of the Midway, just for fun. Surprisingly it was even pretty good.
Here's Jeff playing "Top Gun."
Here I am on the Harbor Cruise that was kind of a dud, since it got cut short, but what we saw was pretty cool. This shows the Coronado Bridge in the distance. What a fun time we had. I could move there, I think. The weather is so perfect. I know we are heading home to the "oven."


4 comments:

hillari said...

That does look like lots of fun grammy jo! Too bad we can't all afford to move there, huh?

Lexi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lexi said...

looks like you guys had a fun trip. you really were gone for awhile... and you managed to throw us a party over the weekend.

Fritzsche's said...

It looks like you had such a great time. I bet it's kind of fun to take a trip with just the two of you. I look forward to those trips. I have been wanting to go to San Diego since last year and now with the baby I'm not sure it's going to happen but hopefully soon. I love Sea World and know that the boys would love it.