Saturday, July 5, 2008

Finley Lynn

I decided to give Hill a chance to blog about the new baby before I steal any of her thunder. Little Finley Lynn is so sweet and cute. It was an absolute miracle being there for her birth. Seeing your own being born in a tiny mirror isn't the same as being up close and personal for your granddaughter's birth. I thought I might get a little squeemish, since I have been known to when watching the kids get stitches and such, but I was not a bit. If any of you know Keith, you know that he would not want to cut the cord, so I got to! It was great. Hill has her babies fast.....four hours from start to finish with this one. Lucky her. Finley has the cutest little dimple on her left cheek! We saw it first thing. She wasn't stuck in the birth canal for hardly any time at all, (Hill pops 'em right out) so she didn't have the traditional mis-shapen head or anything. But she did have some bruising on her face, especially around her mouth. (the nurses all said it was from coming down so fast!) But I still thought she was the cutest thing ever. Sareny and Isaac love her already. Sareny simple won't leave her alone and wants to hold her every minute, but actually does quite well with her. Isaac wants to give her a few kind of rough kisses and then moves on to other pursuits. Here are some of our favorite pictures.


3 comments:

Lexi said...

i wish i could hold her. she's just so cute. sounds like you guys are having a fun trip.

Fritzsche's said...

New babies are so much fun. I bet you had a blast. Ok so I checked out the RonKeeLarStroms blog and I don't get it. I see that you guys are walking and tracking your steps but you're saying that you went all these places and so I'm not sure if you are calculating that in miles and putting that as if you were actually walking across the country and so you're saying you went all these places and anyway it kind of sounds fun and I'm wondering how you are all doing that. I'm trying to get into running myself and it's really hard to make myself go every day. I need to be better. Anyway keep it up.

Jolynn said...

Okay, here's how it worked: We all wore step counters every day and we compiled all our steps each week and figured out where we would be if we actually WERE walking across America. So the pictures are places we WOULD have seen had we actually done it. It's a vicarious walk across America, and it was acutally very fun, plus it got us all moving more. You need to check out the new entry on RonKeeLarStroms....it's pretty hilarious.