Friday, July 11, 2008

It's just kinda hard............

Well, I came here to help Hill, but the other day I felt like I was getting a sore throat. It has continually gotten worse until yesterday I woke up feeling really rotten. I looked in my throat and it had white stuff all over it, so I decided I would have to go to an urgent care center and see a Dr. Yuk. I hate urgent care centers. But I went, and he said he didn't think it was strep, but he gave me a couple of prescriptions so I can get feeling better, and not get everyone else sick too. By the way, those of you who know me well know that I hate city driving. I'm practically paranoid about it. So I was quite proud that I drove myself there and back. I mean, it wasn't too far away, but still............I know me, so I was impressed! So I started the medication, but I haven't started feeling better yet. I am trying to help as much as possible though. In the meantime, Holli and John arrived from Georgia. Yay! We were so glad to see them. They will be here for a few days, then they and everyone else are congregating at our house for a going away party for Cass and James. I'll blog some more about that later, with pictures. Also Jeff arrived last evening, much to the delight of Isaac and Sareny. If you are thinking that this is quite a house full for someone who just had a baby, it is. But with Hill, the more the merrier. She likes people around after she has a baby because it helps her get over the "baby blues" better. She always wants me to stay for at least two weeks when she has a baby! I'm sure she would want me to stay longer if I could. Keith is probably about getting sick of all of us! On Sunday Jeff and I will be heading to San Diego for five days to celebrate our 35th anniversary. Hopefully it will be very fun (and restful! These kids have worn us to a frazzle!) I'll get some good pictures to blog.

Here are some cute pictures of the kids' last swim lessons for this session, which I took them to yesterday morning. Isaac was so happy, and wild and crazy, the lifeguards couldn't believe it was the same kid. They asked me if I doped him up on sugar (which I kinda had.) Both kids had a fun
time for their last lesson.


This morning Jeff went to the QT, (or cutie, as we call it) which is kind of like a 7-11, only better, and bought the kids a milk shake. Here's a cute picture of them sharing it.

3 comments:

Lexi said...

i can't believe you drove by yourself in phoenix... scary. those kids are cute. im excited to see them and holl and john!

Fritzsche's said...

That's no fun to be sick when you are supposed to be enjoying your new grandchild. I hope you get feeling better soon. My mom is the same way, she hates driving in the city and frankly speaking, she scares me just a little doing it too.

linds said...

cute kiddies, wow jo...you guys are busy! tell everyone hello and enjoy your break in sunny san diego.