Tuesday, June 30, 2009

New Toy

Sadly I am very behind on posts, so here is a picture of Jeff with OUR (he thinks it's just his) new toy.
Ordinarily I wouldn't agree to buying such an expensive toy, but I pondered it for awhile and here's the thing: those of you who know us well know that Jeff has driven the same truck for 25 years, (he still drives it when needed) then graduated to the 1973 VW Bug that Cass had used for driving around town before she left home, THEN we inherited back the 15 year old car that the kids had driven into the ground during their college years and he has taken to driving that. We usually only have one nice, reliable vehicle at a time, which he always lets me drive. So my point is, if he wants to buy an expensive toy, I think he's earned it. Besides, we live in an area where we can enjoy this a lot. We have gone on some pretty cool rides already, and we are just starting to learn of all the fun places and trails there are around here so it is something we can do together. We are at a time in our lives when we enjoy doing things together and this will be one of the things we can share.

7 comments:

hillari said...

It does look pretty cool, I don't actually blame you a bit for getting it. Can't wait to come and try it out.

cassidy said...

I'm glad that Dad finally has vehicle that isn't old. You make a good point. And Overton IS a really good place to have something like that because you are always just a couple of minutes away from fun off-roading opportunities. Be sure to take pictures on all your outings so you can blog about your guys' new hobby!

James the Bames said...

I'm glad to hear that you and Jeff are at a time in your lives when you enjoy doing things together. When do you think Cassidy and I can expect to reach that point in our relationship?

Jolynn said...

James, in about 35 years....... I guess I worded the "we enjoy doing things together" thing wrong. Makes it sound like all those years we really didn't enjoy doing things together. What I really meant was "we are at a time in our lives when it's just the two of us and we can just pick up and do something if we want to" and this will be one of the things we can share. That sounds better, right?

Lexi said...

that looks like it would be lots of fun. dad totally deserves it. i cant wait to go for a ride.

holli jo said...

Yeah, you guys deserve to have some fun. And it looks so fun that I just might come live in your backyard after all...

And I agree, take some pics!

Ashley said...

How fun! You and my parents will have to go on some trails together. You can laugh at my mom when her thumb gets tired of holding the four wheeler lever while you ride is comfort :)