Monday, June 8, 2009

The Happiest Place On Earth!

Well, I can't postpone it any longer. I must do my Disneyland post and get it over with. I just dread doing long posts because it takes forever to download all the pics. For everyone's sake, I will try to keep it to a minimum. We went to Dis in April, but so much has been happening, I never got the post done. Here's a little flashback picture, since I haven't done a "The Way We Were" blog for so long. This is me on our honeymoon in August of 1973. Not sure who the girl is who is trying to get in the picture and steal my thunder. How about those bell bottoms, huh?
The first thing we did on this trip was go to the beach.

Lexi and Finley

We took the kids for a walk along the pier. It wasn't the best beach day......kind of windy and cold.


Next day it was off to the Land!
No Dis trip would be complete without a picture in front of Small World.
The teacups make for a cute picture, but that's about it. I do not ride on them, unless of course everyone wants to see me throw up...........
Me, Lexi and Hillari at Tarzan's Tree House, which they ruined and should have left as the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House.
Just happened upon good ol' Woody, much to Isaac's delight.
Guess this is the last time Sareny will be enthralled with the Princesses, since she discovered they weren't real shortly after our trip............
I bought Sareny and Isaac each a hat. Sareny insisted on the Princess one with Mickey ears, which I tried to talk her out of, and which shortly after this picture ended up permanently wadded somewhere in the stroller. Isaac however, loved his. I think Sareny did too, but hers was just to hard to keep on her head while pushin' and a shovin'.
You gotta love A Bug's Life! Sareny made me hold her during it because she knew something creepy was going to happen if she sat in her own chair.
This little girl was good as could be.
Love this little boy!
We always do Fantasyland. Very nostalgic.
Me and my Baby!
We had a great time, and are already planning our next trip! Good thing Mom and Dad don't read blogs because they would be having a fit about now. Hopefully next time more of our kids can go with us!

5 comments:

Lexi said...

well i want to go back right now i just love disneyland so much. cute pictures. love your bell bottoms by the way.

hillari said...

I know, some of those pics I totally don't have. I do love that honeymoon picture. You should do a flashback post of your honeymoon and put all the pics in.
Glad you did this post finally!
Haha, gram-gram and gramps. We'll just not tell them when/if we ever get year passes. :)

cassidy said...

I agree about doing a honeymoon post! That would be so fun to read and see all the pictures! I like the pictures you have from this trip. Sareny and Fin look like twinners in that pic of you with them. It looks like so much fun. I wish we could have gone!

Meghan said...

mickey was creepy in the 70's (not that a giant mouse isn't creepy nowadays). love all the pictures - especially the bugs life. glad you all loved it and had fun together.

holli jo said...

Love the flashback pic and the girl trying to steal your thunder!! Ha ha.

And I'm jealous of all the fun you guys had. I'm telling you right now, we need to do Disney World when you come here. It's our one chance!!! We'll find a way to make it happen...