Thursday, September 25, 2008

How Dare He?

The above title must be read in a thick Scottish brogue, as said by Harrison Ford in one of the Indiana Jones movies......I can't remember which one. But anyway, a week or so ago Jeff and I went to a movie in Mesquite. As we were standing at the counter ready to pay, Jeff, apparently seeing a sign indicating senior citizens get a discount, asked the young kid at the register what the senior age was. The kid glanced at both of us and casually said, "you qualify" and rang up the amount. As I was just about to say, "Now wait just a darn minute here!" I noticed that it was quite a substantial savings, sooooooo .................I kept my mouth shut. But really. He didn't even think about it. He could have acted like he wasn't quite sure, since we look so young! And I am sure we are no where near the "senior cit" age! Next I guess we'll have to start eating at Denny's, since I know for a fact that they give a senior discount................

8 comments:

hillari said...

I love the title, and it is from The Last Crusade, of course! (Yes, this is a castle, and we have many tapestries, but if you are a Scottish baron, then I am Mickey Mouse!...How dare he?)
That's pretty hilarious! He was probably just trying to be nice and give you a discount. I'm sure he wasn't trying to comment on your haggard and elderly appearance!

John R. said...

Well said from a former Denny's waitress... ;)

cassidy said...

I can't believe that! You guys don't even look your age, in my opinion! The only thing that could maybe confuse someone is Dad's gray hair, but you??!? But you have to remember that to kids everone looks old.

Lexi said...

that is kind of sad yet funny. at least you got a nice dill.

linds said...

i'll have you know, my dad is very excited about the sr. citizens discount and i know my mom has used it a few times as well...but how dare he not even ask for an i.d. as i can see in the below post, your still very young!

Fritzsche's said...

I must say that I would have been slightly offended too. It is rather funny though and I think it's even funnier that you just paid and enjoyed your movie. I can't believe you didn't say anything though. He really should have asked your age but maybe they tell him not to if they're not sure. Maybe they train them not to ask in case its too offensive to others. Either way enjoy the discount! Movies are SOOOO expensive.

Meghan said...

I say take what you can get - you've paid full price plenty i am sure.

here is the deal with the dinners - read my cousins post here http://kelliandjeremywhitney.blogspot.com/2008/08/girlfriends-on-go.html
my aunt and her 4 girls started it, so we joined them the 2nd month (my mom and her 4 girls). so there were 10 of us, we each picked a meal, my sister bought everything the day before, and we joined and cooked for about 5 hours (we each pretty much took 1 meal to create and split 10 ways). it was totally fun and so great to have yummy meals - easy to cook during the month. not to mention cheap! there is a cook book that tells you the recipe when cooking in large quantities - i think it's called girlfriends on the go...

Fritzsche's said...

I tagged you so check out my blog for instructions.