Sunday, September 14, 2008

About My Honey Buns

Has anyone out there been worried about me, since the same blog has been here for weeks? Just wondering.........anyway, I'm finally gonna update. I saw this on Holl and Hill's blogs and have been meaning to do it, so here goes:

What is his name: Jeffrey Lloyd Keel

How long have we been married: We just celebrated our 35th anniversary this summer on August 10th over the telephone, since I was in Georgia with Holli. However, we anticipated this very thing, and celebrated our anniversary earlier when we went to San Diego in July.

How long did we date: A long time! He was my high school sweetheart. We started dating the summer before I was a junior, dated until during my first year of college when we got engaged, and THEN we were engaged for 8 months!

How old is he: 56 (but in his mind he is still 20 something)

Who eats more: Definitely him.

Who said I love you first: Who can remember that? Probably me.

Who is taller: He is. He's 6' 2" and I am 5' 7".

Who sings better: It's a toss up. We are both decent singers, but not great. He sings bass and I sing alto in the Ward choir.

Who is smarter: I will reluctantly admit that he is.

Whose temper is worse: His, hands down.

Who pays the bills: He does, thank goodness. I hate doing that stuff, and I'm not good at it. I would be late or forget or something.

Who does the laundry: I do, and I would NEVER turn him loose with it. I'm kind of particular about how it is done.

Who cooks dinner: I do. He can cook exactly two meals: pancakes, and steak. Oh, and ice cream, for those of you who consider that a meal.

Who drives when we are together: He does, ever since the infamous screeching tires, done on two wheels, turn down the main drag of Mesquite, NV on the way home from our honeymoon (me driving). Since then he has pretty much insisted on doing all the driving himself. (and FYI, we were just driving through Mesquite, I didn't want you to think we spent our honeymoon there. Although we have spent some anniversaries there!)

Who is more stubborn: He is.

Who is first to admit when they are wrong: Me. He is standing right here saying he is always right. (and he's not!)

Who wears the pants in the family: Like Hillari said on hers, we just go naked. (especially since we are empty nesters these days hahaha!)

Who mows the lawn: He does.

Who kissed who first: I kissed him. Otherwise, I might still be waiting for him to kiss me. (he was pretty shy back then)

Who proposed: He did. And quite cleverly too. It was Christmas and he told me he was giving me a rotten potato. On Christmas day I opened my present to find the biggest potato I had ever seen. He had hollowed the inside out and lined it with foil, and there inside the potato was my ring.

What is my favorite thing about him: I have several........one of them is that he still makes me feel like I am pretty and look good, and he takes good care of me. I love that he was and is a good father and the best bampa. Since he doesn't like to cook much, he takes me out to dinner lots so I don't have to cook all the time. I love that he will kiss me or say I love you no matter who is looking or listening, and we always hold hands when we are walking together. I'm glad that he will go to see chick flicks with me and that he likes to travel. I could go on and on, but I'll just end by saying he is a good bishop, and my best friend.

5 comments:

Lexi said...

cute post. i didn't know you guys dated for so long! goodness.

hillari said...

Si, super cute post! And I must say, I unfortunately inherited my temper from him. Also, there is a spelling error in your laundry question. I'm not judging, just letting you know so you can fix it. Bampa does make some pretty good eats.

hillari said...

ps I noticed that they added a light at the infamous turn in Mesquite. Perhaps too many turns like your were occuring...

cassidy said...

I have never heard about the infamous Mesquite driving incident! How is that possible? Cute post. Are any of the husbands going to do posts about their wives, though??

Jolynn said...

Good idea Cass, I think they should! I will have to give you a few more details about the infamous Mesquite incident sometime. I didn't know you hadn't heard it.