Monday, August 25, 2008

Getting Crafty

I have been making some crafts for our Super Saturday and some things for my kitchen, and my kids want to see them, so I decided to show them on my blog. Hillari sent me the ideas for the Noel and Eek crafts and I thought the ladies in our ward would really like them, so I made some up for our Enrichment coming up in September.
They're pretty easy, and I thought they turned out really cute. Cheap too!

Jeff cut the 2 x 4's for me and I did the rest.

For my kitchen I have been wanting some new stool covers, but couldn't find any in any stores, so I made my own!

These are a definite improvement over the old ones!

Then I made some curtains to match. I am so happy with them, and think they really make my kitchen look cute. Just call me Martha!

6 comments:

hillari said...

Guy-guy--you are the craftiest one here! Those signs turned out super cute. I'm thinking they would be fun to do at the Q reunion next summer, what do you think? And I love your cushions and curtains. Did you use a pattern for the cushion covers, or just make up your own? I have always aspired to be a mini-Martha, but I must say you are miles ahead of me in that department.

Lexi said...

you are martha. those blocks turned out supe cute. next time i come home i will have to make mine. i like the cushions and curtains too.

linds said...

so cute, you are one crafty lady!!! i love the halloween eek, it is hard to find cute halloween deco. good work!

Fritzsche's said...

Martha, Martha, Martha. Those did turn out very cute. I wish I was more crafty. I always have good ideas or good intentions but never put them into play. I've had material for curtains for four years now. And the curtains were supposed to go up in our other house. Now with this one I just have no idea what to do. Anyway Good job.

scipiosal said...

Jo--I really like all of the "Martha things" you have been doing lately.I think I better get the directions to the cushions because my bar stools are just like yours only they're ugly because they don't even have "old" cushions on them.I'm surprized that you have had the time to do all of the crafts because of all of your travels! What a talented sister I have. Love you.

Meghan said...

well martha, they sure raise talented kids in scipio, don't they. i love the noel and eek... i wish my enrichment were half as cute or fun.