Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Branding Day

Yup, it's branding time again. Or at least it was, on May 7th (I'm a little behind as usual). Head 'em up, move 'em out! It's always a fun time when everyone who can, shows up at "The Ranch" for the day. It's like a big ol family reunion.
This year, Jeff even got to come for it, which he usually doesn't get to do. It might even be the first one he has gone to. Jake and Liz and their boys were also able to come down, as well as Lexi. Jeff couldn't dig in and help though, on account of his broken toes with the pins sticking out of them. But if I were him, I would be glad I had a good excuse NOT to get slobbered on, pooped on, or kicked, etc.

Josh showed up with his homemade sheild and sword. He is so creative and cute. Jake was the very same way, always making something out of a cardboard box and some duct tape. I guess you could say he was recycling or repurposing long before it was "cool".
My sweet Mom is always the shortest person in every photo. But when you're only 5' 1", I guess that's bound to happen. Liz and Josh stopped for a quick photo. The boys were pretty busy running around and stepping in fresh cow pies. Good times........

Lexi and Charlie.

More random pictures of the day.






Then it was back to the house for lunch. (the best part of the day!) Mom's potato salad is to die for.
Lindsay and Liz sharing stories.
Lexi and her Grandpa. Love this picture.
One tired Mama. Mom works hard to make sure all the food is just right, and it is a little stressful for her, but she still loves the day and has fun.
I love being with my family and going back to my hometown. Branding day is the best! I hope there are many more of these to come.


4 comments:

Lexi said...

cute pictures. im glad we all got to be at branding day. its always a fun get together. i never realized grandma is 5'1"! that is so short.

holli jo said...

Cool pictures! John and I are sad that we never get to go to this and see everyone. :( Also, I thought the guy sitting next to Jake was a relative, and I was trying to guess who it was that grew a mustache and got a crazy tan...

Super Coopers said...

It sounds like it is actually fun to see! Being with family is always a good time and great food is the best!

cassidy said...

I wish we could have come!! It looks like you guys all had so much fun. I love the picture of Josh with his sword and shield and the one of Grandma at the end. She is so cute.