Sunday, October 24, 2010

Another Catch-Up Post

Okay, if you recall I only got as far as July in my last post (not counting the TGIF one I just did), so I need to hurry and get caught up. During July we did lots of traveling so I will try to compress it all into a few pictures because it just takes too long to download them! The second week in July Jeff had football camp in Utah, so I went as far as Mom and Dad's and spent the week with them. Shell came down also and we had so much fun sewing and cooking together, and even got a little shopping in.

We helped Mom make some baby blankets for the new great grands she will be getting soon.


Mom mentioned that her new Temple dress was too long so I hemmed that up for her. I can't believe we had my 80 year old Mom standing on a chair. Probably not very smart......
Here we are with all the cute blankets we made.

Mom had a gift certificate for a manicure so we took her to Richfield to get her nails done. She had never had one before! She really liked it, and was so proud of her pretty nails. I always love spending time with my Mom and Dad, and wish I could do it more often!
The next week after getting home from Utah we headed to Phoenix to help Hill and Keith get moved into their new home and paint, but mostly we were there to tend the kids while they did all the hard work.

Some of the pictures are a little blurry. We need a new camera. But aren't these yahoos cute? We went on a little hike up to this thing that is at the start of their nice new subdivision. It was quite a pretty hike.

Little Finney with her Bampa.

We took the kids swimming a couple of times, and Hill came with us one of the times, since they had no power, so we couldn't paint or clean the carpets like we had planned. Oh darn!

We took the kids to see "Toy Story 3" which we have been needing an excuse to go see. We helped as much as we could, but could see that they were in a mess that would take a few weeks to finish up and felt bad to leave them. The new house is very nice, and so much bigger than their old one. They are going to love it, if they ever get it all painted!

4 comments:

cassidy said...

Good for you for posting! I loved seeing the pictures. That looks like such a fun time in Scipio.

You are such good grandparents to come and babysit those yahoos for Hiddy. It looks like you guys did lots of fun stuff with them.

hillari said...

I like visiting gram gram in Scipio too. Looks like a fun visit.
We had fun with you guys down here too, and you forgot to mention that you taught Isaac to swim while you were here.
One thing though--as you apparently forgot, I didn't have my camera and was counting on snagging some pictures from you, but you were a little skimpy on the pics. You need to get me the rest!!

Lexi said...

that looks like a fun trip to scipio. i cant believe grandma was standing on a chair either! and those kids are always fun to visit too.

Super Coopers said...

You are so ambitious. That's so cool that you made all those blankets for your mom. Why don't I do that?? Oh wait we are always too busy eating at my mom's.

What a good daughter you are.