Sunday, June 20, 2010

Scrap-A-Thon

Every year in the spring my good friends Patty and Debbie and I head to Patty's cabin for our annual Scrap- a-thon. We have such a fun time, and I know I look forward to it for months before it happens. This year Patty, who is always thoughtful and sweet, was extra sweet and this is what Debbie and I found when we got there:














She had these baskets of goodies for us filled with all kinds of cool scrap booking supplies. Also to note: the little bowls of almond M&M's. We can't carry on without some chocolate. I usually scarf mine up first thing and then start eyeing up everyone else's. We always stay up really late into the night scrapping. And this is what we woke up to on Saturday morning:
It was so beautiful. But I'm glad I snapped this picture first thing because it didn't stay around for long.
Patty's hubby made us this wonderful chocolate lunch! He surprised us with a chocolate fondue he prepared and cleaned up himself! Bob's such a good guy. He always insists on buying us all dinner at Milt's, one of my all time fav restaurants. This is the aftermath of the chocolate lunch:
We seriously have so much fun together. We talk and yak and we do get lots of pages done too. We did three scrap book challenges this year too. Each of us brought a kit for everyone to see what we each came up with, using the same stuff. It was a ton of fun.
And of course we stayed up waaaaaay too late every night:
We are already planning and scheming and looking forward to next year! Thanks Patty and Bob for being such great hosts!

4 comments:

Lexi said...

i cant believe how late you guys stay up at your little scrap parties. but it sounds like you guys had fun and got lots of scrapping done too. bob is so nice to make that chocolate lunch. its looks quite delish.

cassidy said...

Your scrap retreats always look like so much fun...all the snacks, pretty weather, and scrapbook challenges. I'm making a push for next year's to be a mother/daughter scrap retreat...do you think Patty would go for it? Ha ha.

hillari said...

Looks like a lot of fun! That food looks quite delish, and it does look really pretty up there. My fave part is the scrap challenges and seeing what you came up with. and I have seen some of your pages, and they are cute, I mean cute!

holli jo said...

If I liked scrapbooking, this would be so fun! You are lucky to have such good friends.