Friday, June 18, 2010

Lexi's Birthday

Lexi actually celebrated her birthday twice this year, or maybe three times, if you count the surprise party she had at her place. But the weekend before her birthday in April, she came down with her roommates, Amanda, Emily and Lexie to go to the fair. I fixed them breakfast out on the patio that morning. It was really fun to cook and eat it outside, and the weather was perfect. After that we all went to the fair for the day.





This picture is not that flattering of me, but I think I was still in my jammies, so that should explain everything.














The roommates:  Amanda, Lexi and Emily. Lexie Casalou was not at the house yet.



  

We didn't have time to make a cake, so we had to make do with cookies and poppy seed bread. We stuck a candle in it for something to blow out, and sang happy birthday.
Lexi wanted to wait to open her presents because she had to come down again in a couple of weeks for Carlie's wedding. But she traipsed upstairs where I had been hurridly trying to wrap her presents and saw one of them! So this next picture is taken when she came for the wedding. She was thrilled with her new Brita water filter pitcher and filters, and her "Klean Kanteen". She also got some money, so when she headed home I took the day off work and we went shopping. We had lots of fun trying on clothes (and buying some!) and having lunch together. This was a strange birthday for her in a way, but I hope she had fun!

4 comments:

hillari said...

So Lexi had to have another birthday taken over by the fair...it sounds like it was a good one though! Fun to cook and eat outside. I'm thinking you didn't have a burzie on in that pic. :)

Lexi said...

im thinking you did have a burzie on in that pic, because how would you dare not to. but of course i had a great birthday! it was kind of weird but i like celebrating lots of times. people made fun because i had a birthday month! i loved my presies and shopping. thanks again for being so nice to all of us.

Jolynn said...

Hill: Yes I did, but thanks for pointing out how saggy I am.........

cassidy said...

I've never known of Mom to go around without a burzie on...and actually you don't look saggy at all! I don't know what Hilli is talking about. Doozie's b-day looks like it was quite the month long celebration. Too bad she saw one of her prezzies, though.

On a side note, the front and back yards look so nice and green! Very pretty. Good job Dad.