Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Monkey Business, Etc.

Some of my kids, and my sister have been asking me to post pictures of some of the crafts I have made recently, so I'm finally going to do it. For some reason, I have been in a sewing mode for awhile and have been sewing some fun stuff. First, I made all the grandkids a stuffed animal for Christmas (yeah, that was kind of a long time ago, but I never posted pictures of their cute monkeys and dolls).
This was the bigger monkey that Isaac and Josh got.

This little guy is the one that Truman, Charlie and Rhys got. I really fell in love with the monkeys. They are just so darn cute.
My two little girls, Sareny and Finley got this cute little doll. She is so homely she's cute. Finley just warmed my heart when she opened hers up. She grabbed it and hugged it like she already loved it!
I also made all my girls one of these bags. I loved how they turned out so much that I made myself one too. They are big and roomy, perfect for a diaper bag, or just a purse, which is what I use mine for.
This purse is one I made from a pattern I got from Cass. I thought hers was so cute, but a bit too small for me, so I enlarged the pattern and made mine bigger.  I even used the same fabric she used because I really liked it, so now we have twin purses. I bought the fabric in Hawaii when I was there.
The latest project I have been working is zippered pouches. I just love these little things! They are see through vinyl on the front so you can see what's in them. I can think of a million uses for them. They are kind of tricky to make, but are kind of fun at the same time.
I have also been making aprons and dish towels, but they were featured on another blog about a weekend I spent with my Mom, so I think everyone has seen them. And now, after my fun scrapbooking weekend (more about that later) I think I am going to start scrapping more, so maybe I'll lose my desire to sew. We'll see!

4 comments:

cassidy said...

I'm so glad you posted pictures of all your sewing projects! I love seeing what you have been making. You're right, that baby doll is so homely she's cute. I'm glad that Finney loved hers. Truman is starting to like his monkey, and I've told you before that everyone who sees it goes on and on about how it's the cutest thing they've ever seen. I can't wait to see pictures of your scrap retreat!

Lexi said...

i love all the stuff you have made recently. i like your yellow purse. its super cute fabric. now you have a matching purse with cass and a matching shirt with me!

hillari said...

Si, I really like that little purse. Was it hard to make? Way cute projies.

linds said...

can i place an order?