Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Rawhide!

I finally made it home for the big Quarnberg branding extravaganza. The annual branding of the calves has evolved over the last few years into a big event. This year was the first time I have been there for it, and I took lots of pictures. Here are just a few:

Me and my Sis with Mom and Dad.

Lexi with her Grandpa.
As good as it gets when trying to take a picture of my brother.
Dad, showing us how it's done.

Yes, sometimes you do have to "rope and throw and brand 'em". Those of you too young to have ever watched Rawhide will not recognize this quote from the theme song..........which is just about all of you reading this.

Tyler administering the medicine up the nose.

The Quarnberg brand.

My sweet Mom.

I have to include this picture because I was up there taking pictures and then waiting for Lexi to take my picture and my niece, Gina came by and said "Okay Miss Utah, get down." I had to smile.

Sometimes you just need a little comfort.

Little cowboys and cowgirls.

Probably my favorite picture of the day.

Cute Lexi checking out the "museum", since the admission was free today!
At the end of the day, Mom, Dad, Me, Shell, and Dal. Of course Von wouldn't get in the picture.

The last cowboy to leave..........

8 comments:

hillari said...

Looks pretty cool...if you can stand all of those poor little cows in pain. Maybe some year we'll have to go up for that event.

linds said...

i love all the different pictures. my favorite is the one of everyone lined up on the fence. priceless!

holli jo said...

Yeah, looks awesome. But I couldn't stand the little baby cows getting hurt. :( You got some good pictures, though.

Lexi said...

im glad i got to be there with you. it was fun. i like your pictures too.

cassidy said...

Cute pics! I'm glad you finally got to go up to branding day. We had lots of fun last year. It is so fun to see Grandpa working. Hopefully we'll be able to go again someday.

Christina Overton said...

What a fun event! Do you recall the time I went to Scipio with your family? I still remember it with fondness. Good times. :)

Super Coopers said...

Hey I never knew you were such a cowgirl at heart!

Fritzsche's said...

I love that picture of all those little cowboys on the fence. That is so cute and I love the one of Grandpa leaving and being the last one to leave. That was a fun day. Can't wait till next year.