Thursday, November 6, 2008

Snow??!

No, not in O-Town. But a few weeks ago we drove to the cool country to see the beautiful fall leaves, and got there on the day they had the first snow storm of the season! It was a little cold and we were unprepared. But we had a fun day and saw some beautiful scenery. Here are a few pictures.
Of course Jeff always wears shorts, but still, I think he was feeling the cold a little!

This pic doesn't do this scene justice! It was soooo beautiful. You can't see the snow, but it was coming down like crazy.
The leaves were almost gone, but it was still gorgeous, and a wonderful day.

This last picture has nothing to do with our little day trip, but I wanted to share with you this cute Thanksgiving centerpiece I made tonight. I thought it was adorable. I can't take credit for the idea.......I saw it on the internet. But it literally took less than five minutes to put together with stuff I already had.

6 comments:

Lexi said...

i hate the snow. mostly because i have to live in it. but it is really pretty. thats a cute centerpiece. was dad throwing snowballs at you?

hillari said...

si, I am not fond of the snow either. Mostly when it is icy, or when I have to drive in it, or when I have to scrape my car windows and brush the entire thing. It's a huge pain. Fun for kids, but that seems to be about all it's good for. But it's nice to have chilly weather occasionally so you can snuggle under a blanket and eat cocoa.

cassidy said...

That does look like it was really pretty. It is confusing to live in Hawaii. I don't feel like it is November at all. But what a fun way to celebrate your birthday!

I love the centerpiece! I want to copy it, but I don't have anything lying around like that. Is that a cake stand? It's so cute. But I don't know where I would even put something like that. I guess maybe on our bar, which is kind of like yours.

linds said...

what pretty pictures. the pumpkin is so cute...you are so crafty!

hillari said...

it is a cute centerpiece, especially with stuff you already had. I like those little berry things. Is that a real pumpkin or a fake one? Anyway, hope you like our centerpiece...

Jolynn said...

Hill, it's real.