Friday, November 21, 2008

Twilight Mania

Yes, I will admit that I too am a fan of the "vampire" books, and tonight I went to the movie with some of my girlfriends, although Jeff probably would have gone to it with me. But he was off at a football game with the guys, so he's a happy camper. While I didn't go all out like some and wear a special shirt that said something really dumb like, "My Husband Has My Heart, But Edward Has My Neck," (Sorry if I just offended anyone out there who actually does have such a shirt) I did totally enjoy the movie!!! At least one of my children, or perhaps two counting Jake, (who I'm sure would never go to the movie or read the books,) thinks these books are ridiculous and doesn't like them. I won't mention any names, but she and I had quite a fun time laughing about the time her and her husband accidentally happened upon the book opening at a book store and women in prom dresses with fake bite marks on their necks were lined up for miles to get to it. Really. Fake bite marks. I am laughing out loud as I write this. I really wish I would have thought to suggest to my girlfriends that we all do that for the movie tonight. (Supposing any of us could find a prom dress to fit us. And just how do you make fake bite marks on your neck?)We would have laughed all the way there just thinking about that! But the thing is, we all totally enjoyed the movie, and I highly recommend it. You don't have to love the fact that Cedric Diggory is Edward. I didn't, particularly. But he grew on me............All in all, it was a lot of fun. Maybe I can do the fake bite mark thing if Jeff and I go later on............hehehe!

7 comments:

hillari said...

Well, you forgot to add me as one of your children who isn't too crazy about the books. I don't exactly hate them, I just think they're mediocre. Although as the crowd that loves them gets more and more exuberant in their emotions, it almost starts to make me dislike them more. Not to sure about Cedric as Edward either--my friend Debra said that once you got over his "Quasimoto head," he was kind of cute.
I'll probably see this on video sometime, just to see what all the hype is about. I haven't even read the last book though!
Sounds like a fun time out with friends though. Too bad you guys didn't dress up--that would have been the most hilarious thing ever--a bunch of mature adults acting like teenagers. ha ha.
Sorry this turned out so long...

Lexi said...

you totally should have dressed up! that would have been hilarious. i didnt see too many people dressed up when i went and saw it last night. just a couple girls in twilight shirts. maybe we all need to make our own shirts with some clever saying...

James the Bames said...

I'll make sure to leave my "Edward has my neck" shirt at home next time we visit.

cassidy said...

Well, in response to Hilly's comment, it's all of the crazies (including her and others in our family) that have made me completely avoid Harry Potter. But I agree with her about the quality. Don't even bother reading the last book. Watch X-Men instead and you pretty much get the whole second have of the book. I really only liked the first book, and only Edward at that.

But I'm glad Mom enjoyed the movie because I was getting scared it was going to be really bad. I think we might see Twilight on my b-day, so it looks like I'll have to get out the puff paint!!

holli jo said...

Ha ha! Yes, I am the one who Mom is talking about. Though, like Hilli, it's more thinking that the books are mediocre and not understanding why people are so obsessed about bland, uninteresting characters.

And though the book release party we stumbled upon was really funny, I also secretly wished that I liked a book enough to show up at Barnes and Noble in a prom dress at midnight...

hillari said...

Okay--that'll be our Thanksgiving craft project instead of gingerbread houses. I'll pick up the t-shirts, lex can bring the puff paints, and grammy jo can come up with the clever sayings. Yes!

Jake said...

Make that two children. I am anti-Twilight. I refuse to "learn about what women really want" by reading a poorly written fiction about forbidden love with a vampire.