Thursday, October 16, 2008

I Was Tagged

Recently Gina tagged me and I was supposed to post the 4th picture in my 4th folder, so here goes:

Well look at this. It turned out to be this darling photo of little Finley Lynn. She was only a couple of weeks old in this picture, and I love this little strawberry outfit that I gave her, and which Lexi makes fun of! I think she looks cute as heck.

The other thing I was supposed to do is tell 6 quirky things about myself: (This is hard!)

1. I am a germ freak. I don't like to share drinks, and I refuse to touch anything in a public restroom, including but not limited to: the door knob (I use a paper towel or wait for someone else to open it. I have stood pretending I was primping in front of the mirror so I could wait for the lady washing her hands next to me to open the door, then I make a run for the door!), the faucet, (again, paper towel. And get enough so you can dry your hands after washing.), the toilet seat (hover), and the toilet flusher (I use my foot, or tissue.) I would NEVER set my purse on the floor or counter. Needless to say, the touch free faucets and self flushing toilets are my friends.

2. I am afraid of the dark and always have been. I hate to be alone at night. If Jeff is away I have to leave a light on all night, and I never sleep good. If I am home alone at night, I almost can't force myself to go downstairs in my basement. It always amazed me that my kids could stand to sleep down there ALL BY THEMSELVES, and were never scared. P.S. I don't think they know this about me. Guess they do now.

3. Fall is my favorite season and I love the changing of the leaves. Unfortunately where we live we don't get much color, so we make an annual trek up to Cedar City for my birthday if we can, where I get to see the beautiful reds, golds, browns etc. I love it!

4. I collect Nativity Scenes. I have some really unique ones. I have a beautiful one Holli brought home from China; Jake brought me one from Chile. Hillari gave me a Hawiian one, and one year Keith made me a chocolate one! I have bought them on trips we have taken, and I have several that I made myself. I treasure each one. Even though it is a lot of work to get them all out each Christmas, I still love to display them.

5. I love potato chips, especially flavored ones like BBQ or Chili Cheese. My all time favorites are the really thick ones that are salt and vinegar falvored. Mmmmmmm! But I almost never buy them. I can't have them in the house or I eat them!

6. I have to keep my toenails and fingernails painted at all times. I do them myself, and I am religious about it. I do my fingernails once a week, and my toenails about once a month, depending on how long the previous job lasts. Sometimes it is longer than that. I especially love shades of pink polish.

Okay, that's it. As if everyone didn't think I was pretty weird already...................Now you know all my quirks. I am tagging Lexi, Holli, Cass, and Hillari (even though Gina already tagged her and she hasn't done it yet.) Get on it girls!

7 comments:

Lexi said...

fin lynn is just so cute. i cant believe you are scared to go in the basement. thats just funny. you do always have your nails painted too. i laughed when i read about you being a germaphobe. primping in the mirror...

Jolynn said...

Okay, but just so you know, I am only scared to go in the basement when I am home alone at night. If I'm home alone in the day time I'm okay.......I just wanted to clarify that. I mean, no use having people think I am weirder than I am.

Jolynn said...

P.S. And yes, I know weirder is not a word, but I like it.

Fritzsche's said...

I loved that. Its so fun reading what different people do that you never realize. I almost picky about touching things in public bathrooms. I always use a paper towel to exit the bathroom and I also have been known to dilly dally till someone opens it for me. I hate using my shirt or sleeve. I must say though, I haven't even hovered. I tried that once in California when I had to use a totally disgusting gas station bathroom and I hovered because it was so gross. My friend was with me and tried to hold my arms while I went and I did the same for her. There were no stalls. It was just one room and one toilet but the funny thing is, when I was going, I had to pee so bad that I peed forever and couldn't stop and my legs became really tired to where I almost couldn't hover any longer and I kept saying, "my legs are fatigued, my legs are fatigued." All while laughing our heads off and she thought I was saying, "my legs are petite, my legs are petite." It was SO FUNNY!

Fritzsche's said...

That is too funny about you and my mom. I'll have to remind her of that. She will think that is so funny.

hillari said...

Gina's story made me laugh! My legs are petite! I think maybe I suspected that you are afraid of the dark. That's probably why you always sent us down to get stuff...

cassidy said...

Mom, these were funny to read! And so true. Another quirky thing about you that James likes to point out is that you always act shocked or grossed out at things, but then later you do it yourself. Our favorite example: "Cass, you can't just eat the fried skin that's gross!"...a few minutes later..."well, give me some of that skin..." I miss my mom. wah.