Sunday, November 4, 2012

Chicago in the Spring - Part 1

The end of March we went to Chicago to Visit Holli, John and Rhys. I think I've mentioned before that I love Chicago. I visited there in the fall and thought the leaves were so beautiful. In the spring, there are tulips everywhere! One of the first things we did was head to Nauvoo. John and Rhys had never been there, so we wanted to show them around, since the rest of us had been there before. 
I'll just put a few of the highlight pictures from beautiful Nauvoo.
 

 
This was Rhys's "handsome smile." Silly, huh! And he really is such a handsome little boy!
We also went to Carthage and visited the jail where the Prophet Joseph Smith was martyred.
 
 
Then we went on to Hannibal, MO. It was fun, but a word to the wise here. Don't visit any of these places until after April 18th. Before that is considered the "off season" and they are dead! You can't even find a place to eat lunch! We still had tons of fun though. Rhys is playing with "Noise Putty" in this picture. I'm sure you have heard of it and know the kind of "noises" it makes. Bampa insisted on buying it for Rhys, who loved it. But he left the lid off and it tipped over in the car, unbeknownst to any of us, so Holli and John had a horrible, hot pink goopy mess on their car's capet.
 
 
Rhys tried painting Tom Sawyer's fence.
Then we headed back to Nauvoo to see the rest of the sights there, and to do a session in the Nauvoo Temple.
I wanted to finish with Nauvoo for part one of our trip, but blogger is being really stupid and taking way too long, so it looks like this is it for tonight. I will finish up on the next post. Stay tuned........


6 comments:

hillari said...

Well I didn't see this one last night, so that is why I only commented on the other one. That looks like such a fun trip! Way cool area to visit. I love all the flowers, and the handsome boy smile. Cool that he got to paint the fence too. Can't wait to see the rest.

Lexi said...

chicago looks like a cool city. i love nauvoo! awesome that you guys got to go there again. carthage and hannibal are awesome too. these pictures make me want to take another back east trip like we all did when we graduated hs.

cassidy said...

What a fun trip! I loved Nauvoo. I'm jealous that you got to go back! I like Rhys' "handsome smile"! He's so funny!

holli jo said...

Such cute pics. We had such a good time - come back! Nauvoo was really fun, so we'll have to go back sometime. The whole family should plan to make a trip out this spring/summer for a family reunion in Nauvoo! "Welcome to Nauvoo!" (Singing voice)

reginag said...

A very memorable day for the family. My biggest respect to you guys.

native american drums

Unknown said...

Its very nice post all picture are very nice.Please check out my site also Villas to rent.I hope you like my site.