Monday, January 10, 2011

Time For A Change..........

Is everyone as sick of seeing the same post on our blog as I am? I'm sure the answer is yes, and I vow to blog more frequently this year. My goal is to blog more often, and not necessarily include a jillion pictures, since that is the time consuming part. We'll see how I do with my resolution...........
Anyway, here are the highlights of the last few months. We went to San Diego right after we got back from Maui, and here's the proof:  This is Jeff at the Padres game we went to.
And here's me at the newly renovated Mormon Battalion. It was was really cool and we were glad we got to see it.
We of course had a wonderful time in San Diego, but eventually we had to come home and school started and life got busy and hectic again.
The next event I want to highlight was on October 1st......














The football field and stadium was dedicated to Jeff at the football  game that night! All the kids were able to be here for it, except for James. Both sets of parents came, and most of Jeff's sibblings. We all felt that Jeff's Dad, who would have been so proud, was there with us as well. It was really a wonderful dedication to a great guy, who has given so much of himself to the students and athletes at MVHS.


















I'm so proud of my fantastic husband! It's hard to believe we have been doing this for all these years, and still going strong! He's been coaching football and track out on this field every year for 36 years, and I've been in the bleachers supporting him.
Here's a picture of the whole crew waiting for the unveiling of the sign, and the touching dedication read by Principal Grant Hanevold. What a great night, and one we won't ever forget.
 
I'm so grateful that this many family members could be there for their Dad, Son, Brother, and Uncle. It meant a lot to him.

4 comments:

Super Coopers said...

I am so excited to see a new post!! You guys do so much I am sure you can't possibly blog about everything but it sure is fun to read about your happenings. The dedication was fabulous...congrats to Coach Keel.

cassidy said...

I'm so glad you posted again! I think your new resolution is a good one. The pics from San Diego look fun! I also love your pictures from Dad's dedication. I may have to steal them from your blog. It really was an awesome honor for Dad and I'm so glad Tru and I got to be there for it!

hillari said...

Your San Diego trips always look and sound so fun! Wish we could go with you one of these years. I guess we'll have to come visit when you and dad are serving your missions at the mormon battalion. I never got to blog about dad, since I had no pictures. i'll have to steal some of yours to make a post. It was really a special event, and I thought it was so neat how so many people traveled so far to be there.

Jake said...

Was the San Diego game fun? The major award party was a lot of fun. Congratulations again from all of us. We love you!