Monday, November 9, 2009

Mom's 80th Birthday

On Saturday, October 24th we had a birthday bash for my sweet Mom's 80th birthday. My sis and I planned everything, and made a slide show and scrap book for Mom. Everyone helped with the food, and we all met at the Scipio Church for a day to honor her. Thanks goes to Rod for cooking his specialty meat for us all, to Suzanne for doing the table decorations, to Dee Ray for the delicious ice cream cakes, and to my Sis who bought all the food and the gift. The day turned out fabulous!

Me and my little Mom, who I always have to bend down to hug or kiss!

Lexi and Jake and Liz and their two boys were the only ones of my kids who were able to attend. The other kids sent their love to their Grandma with a page for the scrap book we made her. Here is Lexi with Mom and Dad.

This is all my Aunts and Uncles on my Mom's side. I was really glad they could all make it to the party.

My Sister, Shelley, Mom and Me.

My sibs DeVon, Dallen, Shelley, Mom, Dad, Me, and Rod, the baby.

The best part of the whole day was Dad playing "Have I Told You Lately That I Love You" for Mom on his harmonica. She started to cry and went over and hugged him, and he hugged her back while still playing his harmonica with one hand. I loved it.

We all went in together and got Mom a flat screen TV for her livingroom, which is where she always ends up watching TV. (Dad always watches boring stuff like cattle auctions! Seriously, I have been there and seen him watching that.) So they end up watching in different rooms. Thanks goes to Josh for getting the new TV all hooked up and doing a tutorial so Mom and Dad can actually use it!

This is our new little Grandson, Charlie. He's a cutie.

Jake and Liz with Josh and Charlie. Charlie wasn't too happy in either of these pictures, but he really was a good boy that day. We sure do love those two boys!
I love my Mom and I am so grateful for all she has taught me. She is the greatest example of love and selflessness I have ever seen. I'm glad her day turned out to be wonderful. Thanks for the memories, Mom and Happy to You!

4 comments:

cassidy said...

Cute post! I wish we could have been there. It sounds like it was really nice, and I especially miss Grandma and Grandpa since we haven't seen them in a long time! I wish we could have seen the touching harmonica scene. I was a little surprised to see that you all gave Grandma a newfangled TV! But you make a good point about the cattle auctions...who would want to watch those?

Oh and those boys are so cute! Even if Charlie didn't want his picture taken.

Lexi said...

i like the picture of grandpa playing his harmonica while hugging grandma. so cute of them. im glad i could come. it was lots of fun. good job on the slide show too!

linds said...

you throw a great party! missed the rest of your crew, but it was good to see lex, jake and liz and their boys.

Meghan said...

i am sad i couldn't be there, but heard it was a great time. you really did get a good momma... you are lucky, and we are lucky to have her as a grandma & great grandma. she really is one of my favorite gals out there. good job with the party planning (it can be a hard job ;)