Sunday, July 19, 2009

Q Reunion

The end of June we met with my parents, siblings, and as many of our kids and grandkids as can make it in K-Town for the annual Quarnberg Reunion. Thanks to my brother Rod and his wife Kim, we always have the best time and the best food ever!
Hillari, Keith, Lexi, Matt, and Amy after a great meal at Rod and Kim's.
Everyone has to get lost at least once on their way to the reunion, and this year it was Lexi's turn. Although she added 2 extra hours to her trip driving around in the mountains, she finally got there and had a great time. Here she is with her Dad and Grandpa.
Amy, Mom, Shell, and Linds enjoying themselves at the fabulous city park. Lots of fun stuff for the kiddos to do, so Mom's can kick back a little.
We ate dinner at Moccasin one night, where poor Hillari had a tangle with some rusty barbed wire. When we got back to town she had to got to the hospital for a tetanus shot. I'm sure she will just use the porta potty next time.
Lexi was so good to help entertain all the kids. She tried to teach them to play volleyball. Then they moved on to kickball. She kept them busy for hours, and they love her.
The swimming pool was the coolest ever! Lots of slides and tubes, and even a lazy river. Everyone had a great time there.
Bampa and Isaac getting warmed up in the sun.
Even though I was sick as a dog all one night, and still didn't feel too great the next day, (hence I look a little awful in this picture) I still had a wonderful time with all my family.
The best parents ever: Don and Phyllis Quarnberg.
Shawn, also known as "The Club Buster", proudly displaying the golf clubs he busted. Each time the guys went out golfing Shawn broke another one of his Dad's clubs. I'm glad Jeff never loaned him one!
My parents and me with my siblings.
Isaac's birthday was on Sunday, so he got to open his present from us before we had to leave on Saturday night. We gave him a Thomas the Train set. He was so excited and loved it so much he carried it around and showed it to anyone who would look, and didn't want to put it down. It was so cute!
Another reunion is over, and it was a great success. Many thanks to Rod and Kim for organizing it, cooking the food, and opening their home to all of us. We did stay in a local motel, but ate our meals and hung out at their house most of the time. They are awesome to put up with all of us! I love all my family so much, and I am so glad we can all congregate at least once a year and enjoy being together. Looking forward already to next year!

4 comments:

hillari said...

Cute pictures. It was a fun time! Glad Keith got to go on this trip with us. Isaac does love his twain-twacks.
My poor, poor arm.

cassidy said...

I wish we could have been there. It's always so much fun to see everyone and eat such yummy food! It sounds like everyone had a grand time. Next year we need to interview Grandpa and Grandma and film it!

Lexi said...

cute pictures. it was a really fun time with everyone. poor hilli, but at least i took her to the hospital. cant wait to see you and dad on saturday!

Super Coopers said...

Lexi what the heck! Get the girl a gps for Christmas...wasn't this in Kanab?? And Hillari porta potties aren't that bad and it beats going to the hospital after. Seriously sounds like you guys had a blast. Wish I could have run home for our reunion this month but it's 1500 miles away so you guys are so lucky to be so close to each other. I'm jealous...not about the sickness and other incidents but the whole reunion thing.