Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Second Annual Scrap-a-thon

After we had such a grand time last year at my dear friend Patty's lovely cabin in the mountains, scrapbooking to our heart's content, we decided to make it a yearly tradition. So each year in March me, Debbie, and Patty make the trek. We have the best time! Patty is the most generous, fun, and kind person ever. She and Debbie are so fun to be with, and Patty is so sweet to share her cabin and anything else she has, with us.
Debbie and Patty hard at work.
Me and Debbie. Patty has a whole room set up as a scrapbook room and has every gadget known to the scrapping world. Plus there was always chocolate, a necessary ingredient for thinking up great page iedeas. It was great!

Yes, we stayed up way too late scrapbooking. That is pretty much what we did the entire weekend, and only those who love to scrapbook would understand how much fun we had, or why we were willing to stay up until 3:30 a.m. (or 4:30 a.m. as we did the next two nights!)

Consequently we looked like this the next day........

This year Patty added a new twist to our fun.......the Scrapbook Challenge. She made up identical kits for each of us, with paper, embellishments, etc. and we had one hour to complete our layouts. Everybody was a "winner" and it was fun to see what different layouts we each came up with. I love my friends Debbie and Patty, and hope we can continue our tradition for many years to come.

4 comments:

hillari said...

That sounds like a totallly fun weekend. I'm glad you have such good friends! I like the challenge you guys did--all the layouts look great! Now I just need you to finish the scrabbook you started for me all those years ago...

Lexi said...

and make me a scrapbook. but that does sound like you guys had fun srappin. i cant believe you stayed up so late! the challenge pages turned out cute.

cassidy said...

It sounds totally fun to sit and scrap and snack all weekend with your friends! And since I've seen your pages in real life, I must say they are all really cute! The scrapbook challenge is a really cute idea.

Fritzsche's said...

Looks like so much fun. I don't really scrapbook much because I don't have anyone to do it with. I wish I could get back into it.