Thursday, December 4, 2008

My Mom's Birthday

I never got a chance to post a blog about the special birthday weekend that my sister and I planned for Mom's birthday the end of October, so I am playing catch up here. It was such a fun and wonderful weekend that I can't just let it go without a few pictures and comments. Mom turned 79 this year (don't tell her I told everyone her age!) and she is still so fun to be around! Her and my sister came to my house on Thursday, Oct. 23. I took the next day off from work and we spent the day having fun scrapbooking together, eating, and just talking. That evening we rented "27 Dresses" and ate treats while we watched the movie. Saturday morning we went to Las Vegas and went shopping for most of the day, then went to Cheesecake Factory and had the best fish tacos ever! Jeff was a trooper and took us to every store we wanted to go to and patiently waited for us.
Here we are scrapping.
This is us on Saturday morning before we headed out.

The highlight of the day was taking Mom to see "Phantom of the Opera" at the Venetian.

Jeff and I had actually seen it before, but we were happy to see it again with Mom and my Sis. I was a little worried that Mom wouldn't really like it, but she loved it! It made me so happy that she enjoyed it so much. She still talks about that weekend and how much fun she had with us, and especially how much she enjoyed Phantom. My Sister and I decided we need to do something like this every year at least once, if not twice. Mom doesn't get out and do things like this often, so we want to do fun things with her for as long as we can.

Sunday morning we took this picture before we left for Church. The next morning we had to say goodbye as they headed back home. What a fun time we had together! I love my Mom and Sister so much and am so glad they got to come down for such a memorable weekend. Hopefully we will get to have many more, but I don't know if we can ever top this one in Mom's eyes!

7 comments:

hillari said...

that was a super cool birthday weekend! Who wouldn't love Phantom? I guess you never know what other people will like, so that is very nice that she enjoyed it so much. She probably doesn't have many "cultural" opportunities in Scipio. You guys all look super cute. I love that plaid skirt grandma has on.

cassidy said...

Mom you look totally cute in that last picture! You do in all of them, but especially that one with the pink shirt and white skirt. It sounds like you had tons of fun. Wouldn't it be fun to do this with all of your daughters too in the future?

Jolynn said...

Yes, I have thought of that and it would be totally fun! There are lots of things we could do too. I'm always trying to talk Mom into letting us take her for a massage and she won't. She says she just couldn't have people touching her. Well save up your money, because I will have no such qualms!

Lexi said...

sounds like a really fun weekend. i have always wanted to see a show in vegas. and you guys do look very cute. i cant believe dad drove you ladies around vegas all day!

linds said...

i also cannot believe what a trooper jeff was and waiting patiently, really? what a guy. i am glad you were able to have such a great weekend. you know, we could all get together and do some shopping in vegas and i also have no issues with massages:)

Meghan said...

nothing like a girls weekend. i think everyone should have one at least once a year. and i am glad grams and grama liked phantom - its a good one!

Fritzsche's said...

Grandma told me about your trip and how much fun she had. In fact she's told me about it twice. That is so fun that you get together and do that every year. By the way you are looking really good. You must be doing something that I should be doing.